When I first joined Pinterest, I wasn’t that impressed. I found it to be just another Tumblr style website with a faster way to view photos and more weddings. However, it has recently become an addiction in the same way as Tumblr, and I have found it as useful as FoodGawker in terms of finding cool recipes and great food photos.
I recently tried out a Pumpkin Smoothie recipe I found on Pinterest from this blog. It was interesting enough that I decided to chronicle my version of the smoothie in pictures and share with you guys! It’s also a great Weight Watchers recipe for only 3 points a glass! I switched out real milk for soymilk, added ground cloves, and used Dobrova tea cookies instead of Graham crackers.
3 Point Autumn Pumpkin Smoothie (1 serving version)
– 3 tbsp canned pumpkin
– 2 tbsp Chobani plain fat free yogurt
– 3/4 cup organic soymilk
– 1 tsp or tbsp sugar (depends on sweetness preference)
– a small pinch of cloves (they’re very strong!)
– a big pinch of cinnamon
1. Plop all your ingredient in a blender (or a Magic Bullet, like I did).
2. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
3. Crush 2 tea crackers/graham crackers in a zip lock.
4. Pour your smoothie into a glass (or don’t, if you’re using a Magic Bullet!) and top off with crackers. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Now I will warn you all that despite looking rather amazing, this isn’t your regular smoothie. It doesn’t taste that spectacular unless you sweeten it. But it’s an easy snack and it’s not hard to get used to. I drank all of mine after deciding that it really wasn’t that bad.
Note: You may NOT use this work outside of the viewing pleasure of this blog. Thank you!