I woke up yesterday feeling super pumped up to bake cookies because the night before my brother was popping peppermint Hershey Kisses and he was like “You should make cookies with these…” So I was like HELL YEAH. And I did.
They were so good (and poppable) that they disappeared within 5 hours. I’m pretty sure that’s actually a new record in our house.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar (brown or white)
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond extract
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 to 2 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
powdered sugar for dusting
water as needed for dough
1. Combine butter and sugar first. Mix well.
2. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
3. Add all purpose flour and optional cacao powder. Mix well and add water as needed to bring ingredients together so they stick together and form a dough.
4. Form 1 inch balls out of dough; squash a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle, pinch up the sides until it is entirely covered.
5. Bake at 300 F for 20-25 minutes, dust with powdered sugar.
You may NOT use this work outside of the viewing pleasure of this blog. Thank you!