I’m on a vaaaacaaaaation *dances*
Tonight’s post is brought to you by the trusted queue feature and Foodgawker, who posted this recipe on their Facebook and I was like “hey, I have those ingredients” and therefore decided to hit the kitchen and try it out.
Results!? Delicious. My brother took all 3 of his portions and ate them in one sitting. My dad huffed down 2 pieces in under a minute (I swear to god) and my mom and I had to hide our remaining portions from the wildebeests in our house.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in sugars, applesauce, water, and vinegar until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt just until combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. (I baked for 35 mins)
- Let cool, slice and serve.