This is one of my specialties when it comes to making Christmas cookies. It’s super easy and super delicious.
– Animal crackers
– Sour cherry jam
– Finely chopped walnuts or almonds
– Pure almond extract
– Vanilla extract
– Coconut flakes
1. Grind the walnuts/almonds in a blender.
2. Pulverize the animal crackers with a rolling pin or in a blender.
3. Mix all ingredients (except the coconut flakes) together. Adjust ingredients for optimum stickiness. If too dry, add more jam. If too sticky, add more crackers/nuts.
4. Roll into 1 inch balls, dip into coconut flakes, stack. Refrigerate overnight (preferably) or you can serve them as is. (They taste better after ruminating for at least 24 hours).