I felt inspired to cook a little over a week ago and spent one of my days off making vegetarian enchiladas as well as today’s recipe: Cocoa Almond Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Of course, I found this recipe on the internet’s best recipes database, Foodgawker, and I made some tweaks, as usual. I didn’t have almond flour on hand, so I ground fresh almonds in my blender for the crust. I also added cardamom instead of nutmeg and ginger to the cheesecake part, as well as real cream cheese instead of making the vegan version.
Check out the original recipe by clicking here, and my version down below.
Cocoa Almond Pumpkin Cheesecake
– 2 cups almond flour OR ground almonds
– 3 tbsp cocoa powder
– 3 tbsp sweetener (coconut sugar)
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
– 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
– 1 cup cream cheese
– 1/4 cup sweetener (coconut sugar)
– 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
– 1.5 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Combine dry ingredients for crust.
3. Add coconut oil and combine.
4. Press crust into 9 x 9 baking pan.
5. Bake 15 minutes.
6. Blend filling ingredients with an electric mixture, about 3-4 minutes.
7. Pour filling over cooled crust.
8. Refrigerate 3-4 hours, serve chilled.