“Felt creative, might update my website later” turns out to be a 100% true Instagram caption today! Hellooooo everybody, it’s definitely been a minute, but I’m here! I’m feeling culinarily (is that even a word?) creative and I’ve got some recipes to share with you all.
Today stems from my impulse to buy leeks last week and trying to remember what I usually use them for in cooking to no proper avail. So I did what I usually do: I found myself an easy recipe on Foodgawker and I recreated it with my own flair.
Today’s recipe is perfect for quick and filling dinners that even picky eaters will enjoy. It’s easy to make and doesn’t require any complex ingredients, so settle in and let’s GOOOOO:
1 package gnocchi
3 tbsp oil
1 large leek, halved & chopped
1 small-medium onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1-2 carrots, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, diced
1 large handful cherry tomatoes
3/4 veggie stock
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan
salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring salted water to a boil. Place gnocchi in boiling water and stir occasionally, until they float to the top/are cooked. Strain.
- In a large pot, warm the oil. Add leek and onion, cook for ~3mins until they start to glisten and start looking translucent. Add in carrots and celery, cook for an additional 3-5 mins, until carrots begin to soften. Don’t forget to salt and pepper!
- Add garlic, cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add in cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Smash the tomatoes with the back of your spoon when they start to soften and blister.
- Add the veggie stock, simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the butter.
- Add the gnocchi and stir until they’re incorporated. Add the heavy cream and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the parmesan – honestly the best part – and stir until it’s melted in. Turn off the heat and serve.