Are you ready to LEVEL UP your banana bread game?
I combined (and customized) two recipes I found on my favorite resource, Foodgawker, and the result was AMAAAAZINGGG. The result was absolutely delicious and pretty easy to make, so you know I wanted to share. (Link 1 & Link 2) Check it out below:
Blueberry Chia Stuffing
1.5 cups blueberries
2 tsp water
1 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used date syrup)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2-4 overripe bananas
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 or 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the chia stuffing:
1. In a blender, combine the blueberries, water and sweetener, and blend.
2. Mix in the chia seeds and refrigerate while you prep the banana bread. Stir occasionally.
For the banana bread:
1. In a large bowl, mash your bananas until that are few big chunks.
2. Add the melted butter, baking soda, salt, cardamom and cinnamon, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
3. Add the flour one step at a time (I split my additions into 1/4 cups at a time) and mix. Add walnuts or pecans and mix.
4. Add half your banana bread batter into an oiled pan, then layer in the chia pudding. Add the remaining banana bread on top. Bake at 350F for about an hour, or until a toothpick through the middle comes out clean.