With the world in shambles, this year’s Easter should probably have been more dessert-elaborate than it was, but sometimes you’re just TIRED and you don’t want to bake 10 different desserts, ya know?
I had an urge to bake a lemon cheesecake though, so that’s what I did, and yup, you know it, I used the help of my favorite website, Foodgawker, and found this recipe. I altered it per usual and you can check out my recipe below.
32oz (2 lbs) ricotta cheese
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
6 whole eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 pre-assembled pie crust (I used store bought Keebler walnut pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 350F. You may want to grease/spray some cupcake tins as well, I had enough batter left over to make about 8 additional mini cheesecakes that way.
- In a stand mixer, combine ricotta, cream cheese, lemon zest, and sugar and mix on a low-medium setting until well combined.
- Add the cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and salt until completely combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure they’re well combined before adding the next one.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour into your pie crust (and any remainder either in a secondary pie crust or cupcake tin). Tap them both on a counter to get all the air bubbles out.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes and let cool for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @vivianapodinaphotography