It’s no surprise I follow the r/foodporn subreddit, so last week when someone posted this gorgeous picture of perfect cut lemon bars AND included the recipe, I knew I had to give it ago. There’s definitely a lemon dessert theme happening in my house during quarantine.
Check out the original post here, and my take on it below. Enjoy!
For the crust
2 cups flour
1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
lemon zest from 1 lemon
For the filling
5-7 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups sugar
4 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 12 pan.
- Mix crust ingredients in a stand mixer until they’re well combined and crumbly. Press mixture into your pan and bake for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile for the filling, thoroughly beat your eggs, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour your filling mixture on the baked crust, then bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.