I still haven’t finished this series, but given how the recipes I’ve tried from Nadiya’s Time to Eat have turned out better than expected, I think I should get on that.
This pancake bake was no exception. It came out kind of like a dense morning cake, and I think I would’ve loved it with apricots and lemon. Nadiya’s original recipe quantities are for double’s worth so you can freeze half. I reworked it in half, but didn’t convert from metric, so grab your kitchen scale and let’s go!
90 g sugar
500 g flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
340 ml whole milk
4 tbsp oil
3 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp jam
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, milk, oil, and eggs, and blend until well combined and shiny.
- In a small bowl, heat your peanut butter in the microwave.
- Pour your mix into a greased 9×12 pan. Plop or drizzle the PB and jam ono your mixture and with a toothpick or fork, swirl the two into the batter and into each other.
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until you get a clean toothpick through the middle.
- Top with yogurt and fresh fruit or more jam.