The Holy Grail of 4 C’s: Chunky. Chocolate. Chip. Cookies.
Can you believe this was my FIRST TIME EVER baking chocolate chip cookies!?
I knew I’d find a worthy recipes on Pinterest (not Foodgawker!? I know, I know) and I wasn’t wrong. I found this recipe and followed it for some truly THICC chunks.
I’m planning on making it again tomorrow night, but this time actually baking them for about 15 minutes rather than the 25 I left them in for. Don’t ask me why I thought overbaking them was a good idea when I basically live for soft-baked cookies, just follow me on Instagram @vivianapodinaphotography
3 cups + 2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) cold, cut into cubes
3/4 cup + 4 tbsp light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, cold, beaten in a separate bowl
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chip
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter until it’s 1 lump (about a minute) add sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla until mixed. You may have to scrape down the bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of dough and place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Baked for 15-20 minutes at 375F.