It’s SOUP SEASON y’all, and since I’m quarantined, I’ve been cooking for the fam. Yesterday’s lunch/dinner was this easy peasy broccoli cheddar soup.
I thought for the longest time that I had this recipe up on my website, but discovered I only have pretty pics. I’m changing that today – selfishly, so I can reference it later – but also so in case anyone else is looking for an easy recipe.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @vivianapodinaphotography for more intermittent posts ;)
1-2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 large carrots, grated
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
3 tbsp salted butter
2 cups whole milk
4 cups veggie stock
1/2 cup flour
1-2 tsps mustard
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter completely, then add onions and cook for about 3 mins, or until they begin to become translucent, then add the garlic.
- Add the flour and stir until it’s completely incorporated. Slowly pour the veggie stock while continuing to stir the onions to ensure no clumps. You may want to use a whisk here.
- Add the celery, carrots, and broccoli, mix, then cover and cook for 15 mins on medium heat.
- Add the milk, S&P, and mustard, and simmer on low heat for 5-10 mins.
- Add the cheddar cheese, stir until it’s incorporated and you’re done!