I fully meant to post this recipe all the way back in July, but it’s better late than never! While it definitely feels out of season given it’s citrusy flavors, I personally believe you can’t go wrong with a little bit of lemon and blueberry no matter what the time of year.
This recipe was a huge hit at my house and I made it several times throughout the summer. It’s super easy and satisfies the sweet tooth just right.
Enjoy and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @vivianapodinaphotography
2 – 8 oz packages fillo dough
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1 & 1/2 cups blueberries, washed
2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 x 13 pan with spray oil.
- Press one fillo dough into the bottom of the pan
- In a stand mixer, beat half the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the blueberries, then evenly spread into your pan.
- Top with the second layer of fillo dough.
- Brush the melted butter on top. Combine the remaining half of the lemon zest with the 3tbsp of sugar and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for ~30 minutes and refrigerate for at last 1 hour before serving.