I’ve recently become obsessed with the idea of chia pudding and last night I finally got around to making some.
Before I get into the recipe, which is the easiest thing you’ll make all day, let’s talk about the awesomeness of chia seeds.
Part of the mint family, chia seeds provide a variety of health benefits, including fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (more than salmon!), micronutrients, and antioxidants which prevent them from going rancid.
Other health benefits include:
- High fiber and protein content = weight loss aid! The fiber absorbs large amounts of water and expands in the stomach, increasing fullness and slowing absorption of food. (x)
- Improve metabolic health
- Lower the risk of heart disease & type 2 diabetes
- High in calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium which are good for your bones
- Lower triglycerides and cholesterol
They’re basically power-packed full of goodness and if you’re not incorporating them in your diet, you’re doing yourself a disservice. I’ve been sticking them in my smoothies for several years now, but I finally got around to making that pudding.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you want to use)
- Blend bananas, PB powder and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour over chia seeds, and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy! (with more antioxidant rich foods like blueberries!)