So I have a few recipes up my sleeve that I tried in the past couple months and I wanted to share with you guys.
This first one is super easy and doesn’t actually have a real recipe per se.
I usually make pancakes on Sunday mornings, but I wanted to try making crepes instead, using Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake flour that I always use. I actually have an additional recipe, straight from my great-aunt, from scratch, that I’ll be sharing later.
For now, though, this one is very simple and delicious. Check it:
(Makes ~8 crepes or pancakes)
1 cup Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix
1 tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup water
cinnamon and cardamom to taste
Fruits, honey, whipped cream for toppings
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Heat a non-stick pan on high (if you don’t have one, just use spray oil before every crepe) and pour your batter one scoop at a time. Swivel your pan to spread the batter as thinly as you can without breaking. You can also use your ladle to help you out with this if the batter is too thick.
- Chop your fruits. Optionally, you can mix them with your honey and set aside while you make the crepes. Stuff your crepes with fruits and roll up, then top with whipped cream or more honey and fruits.
I know I post pictures of pancakes all the time (on Instagram too) but they’re such delicious and easy subjects.
Today I made cardamom pancakes because I finally found powdered cardamom last weekend, and topped them with heart shaped strawberry slices and honey.
Happy Valentine’s Day from my kitchen to yours!
Hi! I’m back. Told you guys I wouldn’t be gone long!
It’s refreshing taking a step back from having to do photography every single day. But let’s be honest, I definitely cheated a lot last year on this project. I used a lot of old photos on days I didn’t have new content and I’m not entirely sure I grew my skills too much…maybe.
I did learn learn my camera better and discovered some new lighting tricks, so there’s that. But anyway –
Because I’m not under pressure from myself to put out something fresh on the daily, I have more time now to leisurely take photos. So I’m coming at you today with some food porn because I made pumpkin spice pancakes this morning. Because Saturdays are for pancakes. Always.
(Yields ~10 pancakes)
– 1 cup Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp oil (I use EVOO)
– approx 1 cup water, eyeball it to desired consistency
– approx 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
– cinnamon, allspice and pumpkin spice to taste