I’ve been sick this past week, but I’m feeling good enough today to update.
I had gluten-free vegetarian pizza a couple weeks ago with goat cheese, tomatoes, onion, and spinach. It turned out pretty good, although the edges were REALLY hard and I had to stop eating them at some point for fear of breaking my teeth.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’l know I’m always raving about Foodgawker and how absolutely amazing it is.
Here’s another post thanks for that wonderful website. I’ve been using this pizza dough recipe since this summer and it’s absolutely amazing. The first time I made it, I believe I used only white flour, and it came out wonderfully fluffy.
In the above picture, I used all whole wheat flour and it turned out more crispy and hard. Feel free to mix the two and see how that works out for you.
For this particular pizza, I topped it with light pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, 2 white onions, pineapple, and turkey breast that I marinated in BBQ sauce for an hour while the dough was rising.
It’s about time I posted some food!
My mom asked me to cook this past weekend – specifically to make stromboli. But I was too lazy to fold dough (wow, I know) so I made pizza instead. Recipe below!
– homemade & handmade Parmesan pizza dough
– organic pasta sauce
– mozzarella cheese
– 2 chicken breasts, pre-cooked stovetop in EVOO with Vegeta seasoning, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder
– 1.5 small-medium onions
– 2 heads of broccoli
– cheddar cheese
1. Use whatever pizza dough recipe you want and make it before everything else. Leave covered in a warm area to rise for approx. 30-60 minutes.
2. Chop chicken breasts into small pieces, about an inch cubed, cook stovetop medium high heat, in about 1 to 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and season with Vegeta (or salt), pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder to taste. Cook and stir until cooked through and slightly golden.
3. Throw in broccoli and onions about 2-3 minutes before chicken is done cooking and stir. You want the broccoli to look bright green. Set aside.
4. Roll out dough and place on a pizza pan. Top with pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add chicken/broccoli mixture, top with cheddar cheese.
5. Bake at 425 F for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
I wasn’t bored yesterday so much as I had some extra moments to do things that made me happy.
Like decorate every letter of a Little Caesar’s pizza box in white ink.
It’s the simple things in life, really.